Transform PLD to create better teacher and learner outcomes.
High performing teachers make a huge difference to learner outcomes, and to see this change, teachers require PLD that maximises the practical application of theory.
IRIS Connect bridges the gap between teaching theory and teaching practice by connecting educators with one another through smart, innovative PLD video software allowing them to inquire, reflect and refine practice collaboratively.
Transform PLD to transform teaching
The effective PLD software from IRIS Connect is shown by independent research to make a difference where it matters.
– 99% of teachers reported an increase in conversations between teachers about teaching in their school.
– 94% said their teaching had improved.
– 88% felt there had been a positive impact on collaboration.
– 88% said their confidence had risen.
Our secure PLD platform and powerful classroom (and virtual classroom) observation tools make it safe and simple for teachers to take control of their PLD by:
- Analysing the impact of their teaching through recording and reflecting on practice.
- Observing other teachers in action, sharing techniques, strategies and modelling good practice.
- Overcoming timetable constraints with scalable, high-quality, virtual coaching.
- Collaborating over geographical distance with greater flexibility.
- Connecting with other education professionals and establishing professional learning communities.
“If you look at the research, it says that about 80% of what happens in a class a teacher does not see or hear. How can we get more eyes into the class? How do you get teachers to see what it’s like being a student in their classroom? I’m a great fan of recording classrooms and using video to show teachers how they look to students. That’s the power of video, it’s another way to see your impact.” – Prof. John Hattie